Hello, I am Brad Tassell. I am a comedian/author/and do a good bit of traveling outside of the U.S. I post most of my travels on my Facebook page, and I am often amazed by how Americans often comment about their fear of cities and countries outside of the United States. I created this blog to talk about amazing places and how dangerous they really are vs what the media and many times bigotry and ignorance put out there.
To be fair there are concerns when you travel and being aware of your surroundings and safety is always best practice, but I have found much of the world to be safer and as safe as most places in the U.S. The major difference is getting past the cultural differences and the discombobulation factor you are confronted by when in a place that just seems so foreign. Which we have created as a buzz word for dangerous.
Also, because there might be a hot spot in some countries that has had security or other safety concerns doesn't mean it is wide spread. Think about visiting Texas and you are going to Dallas. You hear there is flooding in Houston. Well, you know they are very far apart and crime or weather have no affect on them both. Now, think about someone from Slovenia coming to Texas, they may think the entire state is one thing. That's how many American's see the rest of the world when for the most part it is the same as the Dallas/Houston situation.
Hence, this blog will be about great places and not so great places I have been and gone. What to look out for and what to really not worry so much about.
Please, post your stories and travels or questions, and come follow me on Facebook at Brad Tassell if you like. More to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment